Delicious Upma – a breakfast dish and its recipe with Video!
We are providing here recipe video for Upma Recipe in which you will found step by step method to make hot and mouthwatering Rava Upma.
How to make Rava Upma – a healthy breakfast option – semilona and vegetables cooked together and lightly tempered with spices.
The breakfast dish as upma is common in South Indian homes. In this rava upma recipe, semolina (Rava) is cooked with onions, mixed vegetables and a delicious tempering of chilies, curry leaves and urad dal. Upma is served hot, garnished with coriander leaves. Along with nutritive semolina and fresh vegetables Upma makes a healthy breakfast that is really tasty too.
Upma is easily digestible breakfast dish and satisfy your hunger instantly.
One serve Nutritional Value:
Calories: 1555, Carbohydrates: 269.6, Protein: 41.7, Fat: 34.4, Others: 14.6gm
We are giving instant recipe to making Upma at home without any hassle.
Health benefits of Upma:
1. Semolina or Sooji is good for diabetics or those who wish to lose weight since sooji or semolina is made from durum wheat (hard variety) and not the usual soft wheat which is used in bread making, it is digested slowly.
2. Semolina’s benefit as helps diabetics, helps in weight loss, provides energy, provides balance to diets, boosts body functions, prevents iron deficiency, provides antioxidants, prevents high cholesterol etc.
3. In every 100 grams of wheat rava there are approximately 71 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fibre, only one gram of fat, 12 grams of protein and some minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium and zinc. And of course, there are some vitamins (B-complex group) in it.
4. Enhance Immune Power: Upma is beneficial in enhancing immune power of body due to presence of vitamins B and E in it.
5. Increase Energy Level: It keeps you energetic and fit. It is also fibrous due to its vegetables content.
6. Smooth functioning of Kidneys: It is beneficial due to is potassium content (Wheat Rava) and enhances the function of your kidneys.
7. Tonic for Heart: It has a lot of nutrients to keep heart healthy. Its selenium content is also good for immune system.
8. Fulfill vitamins and minerals need: Due to its vegetables content, it is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals in your diet. This makes upma nutritious.
9. Enhance Bones Health: Due to presence of minerals like magnesium, phosphorous and zinc present in wheat rava are good for your nervous system and bones too.
10. Fulfill Iron Need: It is a good source of Iron which help in preventing anemia. It also enhances your blood circulation.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe, South Indian Recipe,
Recipe Category: Breakfast Dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6 persons
For making Upma:
1 Semolina (rawa/suji)
1/2 tbsp mustard seeds (Rai / Sarson)
1 tbsp split black lentils (Urad Dal)
4 curry leaves (Kadi Patta)
2 slit green chilies
¼ cup finely chopped onions
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
Edible oil as per need
For the garnish:
¼ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- Now take 1 Semolina (rawa/suji) in a frying pan
- Now fry Semolina (rawa/suji) in a frying pan
- Now fry Semolina (rawa/suji) till get brownish
- Now put aside fried semolina (Rava/suji)
- Now take 1 tbsp edible oil in frying pan
- Now add 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds in heated oil
- Now add 1 tbsp split black lentils in mixture
- Now add 4 curry leaves in mixture
- Now add 2 slit green chilies in mixture
- Now add ¼ cup finely chopped onions in mixture
- Now stir and fry well the mixture
- Now add roasted semolina in the mixture
- Now add sufficient water in the mixture
- Now add salt in the mixture
- Now heat the mixture till get thick consistency
- Now add 2 tbsp lemon juice in the mixture
- Now stir and mix well the mixture
- Now add 2 tbsp sugar in the mixture
- Now cover and heat the mixture for 10 minutes
- Now put the ready upma in a bowl
- Now add chopped coriander leaves in the upma
- Now hot upma is ready to eat
Delicious Upma Recipe Video in Hindi:
Credit: Anushri Cuisine