We are providing recipe for making Dosa Batter. It is useful for making crispy Dosa instantly at any time.
Dosa is one breakfast and tiffin item that most Indians have grown up eating. Though it is traditionally from South India, most North Indians make it too. For making Dosa, there is a need of dosa batter which is available in market but you can make it at home in easy way with surety of purity.
It is so useful to have homemade Dosa batter in your refrigerator to make instant crispy Dosa. It is a life saver for most busy working women. There is nothing more comforting than having warm soft Dosas or crispy dosas when you are tired and hungry. You can also make so many other dishes using this fermented Dosa batter.
Benefits of Dosa batter:
Dosa batter is made up of by fermentation of rice and lentil. It is very healthy food product to eat. It has lot of benefits due to product of fermentation.
Fermentation process aids in breakdown of anti-nutrients like phytic acid present in grains and beans. Phytic acid is well-known to block the mineral absorption and cause deficiencies.
Fermentation increases the bioavailability of nutrients like minerals present in foodstuff. Lactobacilli produce a range of substances like Vitamins B like folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, thiamin and biotin, Vitamin K as well as some antibiotic and anti-carcinogenic substances.
Fermented foods are predigested by bacteria and hence easier to digest. Also lactic acid and enzymes formed during the fermentation process aid digestion particularly protein digestion.
Lactic acid formed during fermentation not only preserves the food but also promotes the growth of a healthy intestinal flora.
Lacto bacilli are known to promote digestive health by preventing bacteria like Shigella, Salmonella and E. coli.
Dosa is a fermented rice and lentil crepe usually enjoyed as a main food in the Southern part of India. Dosas are pretty useful; pair it with chutney for breakfast, fried vegetables for lunch and any meat stew or curry for dinner.
Dosa Batter making recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe, Food Product Making Recipe,
Recipe Category: Home-made Food Products
Prep Time: 15 hours
Ingredients for making Dosa Batter:
3 cups Rice
1 cup urad dal (Black gram)
½ cup thick poha (flattened rice)
20 methi seeds (fenugreek seeds)
1 tsp salt
Water for soaking rice & urad dal
Metod for making Dosa Batter:
- Take 3 cups Rice in a big bowl
- Take 1 cup urad dal (Black gram or minappa gullu) in a big bowl
- Pour the water in bowl to rinse rice properly
- Pour the water in bowl to rinse urad dal properly
- Rinse and wash rice properly and remove water
- Rinse and wash urad dal properly and remove water
- Now pour fresh water in bowl and left 2 to 4 hrs for soaking rice
- Now pour fresh water in bowl and left 2 to 4 hrs for soaking urad dal
- Now pour fresh water in bowl and left 2 to 4 hrs for soaking poha
- Now pour fresh water in bowl and left 2 to 4 hrs for soaking methi seeds
- Now soaking rice is ready to grind for making paste
- Now soaking urad dal is ready to grind for making paste
- Now grind well soaked rice and make paste and collect in big bowl
- Now grind well soaked urad dal and make paste
- Now grinded rice and urad dal paste mix well and stir to mix properly
- Now grind well soaked poha and methi seeds to make paste
- Now add poha and methi paste in rice and urad dal mixture
- Now add ½ tsp salt in mixture
- Now place mixture at warm place for 8 to 10 hours to get fermented
- Now add 1 small tsp salt in fermented mixture
- Now stir and mix well the mixture
- Now dosa batter is ready to make dosa
Dosa Batter Making Recipe Video in Hindi:
Credit: Anushri Cuisine