Kandha Batata Poha And Its Recipe (Breakfast Or Snack Dish)
Kanda Batata Poha (Onion Potato Poha) is one of the main breakfast food from maharashtra and north India made with onions (kanda), potato (batata) and flattened rice. Tasty breakfast Poha is an easy, quick and healthy option for breakfast or feast or a snack.
There are numerous recipes for making poha and each family has their own way of preparing Poha. We are giving an instant method to prepare Kandha Batata Poha with detail information.
Poha’s nutritional and health related value as it is light on stomach and easy to digest and yet nutritious.
Kandha Batata Poha Recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe
Category: Snack or Breakfast Dish
Prep Time: 20 hours
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3 Plates (for approx. 2 to 3 Persons)
Red or white beaten rice or flattened rice: 1 Small Bowl
Fried peanuts: ¼ small Bowl
Potato (finely chopped): 1 Medium Size
Onion (finely chopped): 1 Medium Size
Fennel (Saunf): 1/2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds (Rai): 1/2 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Sugar: 1 tablespoon
Fresh Green Chilies (Finely Chopped): 1 to 2
Fresh Coriander leaves (Finely Chopped): 1 tablespoon
Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta): 6 to 8
Salt: As per taste
Edible Oil: For deep frying
For Decoration and increase taste:
Fresh Lemon: 1 Chopped Small Piece (Optional)
Sev (Namkeen): 1 Small Bowl (Optional)
1. Take the beaten rice or flattened rice first in strainer. Rinse it properly in clean running water in a strainer.
2. Make sure that you do not rinse it too much or else it breaks and gets mushy. While rinsing, the poha absorbs enough water and it becomes soft only and should not be mushy but remain intact, whole and separate.
3. In the meantime, roast the peanuts in a small pan till they become crunchy and keep aside.
4. Also peel the potatoes and chop them into small cubes. Also chop the onion finely.
5. Take edible oil in the kadai or frying pan and heat. After heating, add the mustard seeds to the hot oil. When they splutter, add the chopped potatoes. Fry the potatoes in medium hot oil till light golden and crisp. After this add chopped onion, fry the onions till they become translucent and soften.
6. In next step, add the fennel, curry leaves, chopped green chili and roasted peanuts. Stir-fry them for a minute till brownish colour.
7. Add the poha in kadai mixture. Mix gently with the rest of the mixture.
8. Sauté the whole poha mixture for 2-3 minutes on a low flame, stirring gently in between. Now add the sugar and salt as per taste and mix properly again.
9. Switch off the flame and cover the pan tightly with a lid for the poha to get steamed for a few minutes (if needed).
10. Garnish the Poha with chopped coriander/cilantro leaves.
11. Serve kanda batata poha hot with chopped lemon pieces. The lemon juice has to be squeezed on to the poha before eating it. You can also sprinkle Sev or Namkeen on Poha for increasing taste.
12. Now your poha is ready for serving.
Kandha Batata Poha Recipe video in Hindi:
All this information is free and only for informational purpose.