Puran Poli And Kadhi (Special Maharashtrian Food For Holi Festival)!
Puran Poli is one of those traditional Maharashtrian recipes that are made during Holi Festival. This is made especially on the occasion of Holi festival as sweet dish.
The Puran Poli is the made up with help of wheat flour, Maida, lentil and sugar or jiggery. It is delicious sweet dish for serving during special occasion like Holi, Maharashtrian New Year as Gudi Padwa etc. The Puran Poli is served with special Gujarati Kadhi to increase the taste of mouth. The Puran Poli (Maharashtrian Cuisine) and Kadhi (Gujarati Cuisine) is delicious and mouthwatering combination for the fusion foods lovers.
Kadhi is an important dish from Gujarati cuisine. It is essentially a wonderful sweet and spicy curd mixture thickened with gram flour, which can be enhanced in many ways using other ingredients like pakoras and koftas. This simple dish requires tact and excellence, which comes from practice. Take care and never to boil the kadhi on a high flame as it tends to coagulate.
Puran Poli Recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe
Category: Sweet Dish, Holi Special, Maharashtrian Cuisine
Prep Time: 1 hoursCook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 10 to 12 Puran Poli (for approx. 6 Persons)
Lentil (Bengal Gram): 1 and 1/2 Small Bowl or Cup
Sugar or Jaggery: 1 Small Bowl or Cup
Cardamom Powder (Elayachi Powder): 1 small tablespoons
Wheat Flour: 2 Small Bowl or Cup
Maida (All Purpose Flour): 1/2 Small Bowl or Cup
Salt: ½ tablespoon
Pure Ghee (Cow or Buffalo): 1 big tablespoon
Pure Ghee (Cow or Buffalo): 1 tablespoon
1. Wash and boil the lentil (Bengal Gram) with water till it becomes soft. Please take 3 whistle of cooker on medium flame.
2. Cool slightly and strain the dal using a strainer.
3. Mesh the boiled lentil properly and put aside.
4. Now take 1 tablespoon Pure Ghee in the frying Pan or Kadai and put on medium flame. Now slide the meshed lentil in the heated ghee and stirring continuously till meshed lentil turns in the paste.
5. Now add sugar or jiggery and cardamom powder in the lentil paste and warm till mixture becomes paste like form.
6. Now put aside lentil and sugar paste and do preparation for making balls from flour dough.
7. Now take the wheat flour in big bowl and mix Maida and little salt properly. Add water and make homogenous dough. Do not make it hard.
8. Prepare equal number of balls from dough and Puran paste.
9. Roll out Dough balls to make small Pooris.
10. Stuff these Pooris with Puran paste.
11. Roll them again into balls.
12. Roll out to make Chapatis. It is called Poli.
13. Heat a frying pan and roast each Poli.
14. Apply ghee on both sides when done.
15. Put hot Puran Poli in Hot Pot for further use.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe
Category: Sour and Sweet Dish, Gujarati Cuisine
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: For approx. 6 Persons
Fresh Curd: 3 Small Bowl or Cup
Besan (Bengal gram Flour): 1/4 Small Bowl or Cup
Mustard Seed: 1/2 small tablespoons
Red Chili Powder: 1 small tablespoons
Turmeric Powder: 1 small tablespoons
Asafoetida (Hing) Powder: 1/4 small tablespoons
Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta): 8 to 10 leaves
Salt: As per taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania): 2 tablespoons
Edible Oil: 2 small tablespoons
1. Take curd and make chhachh by adding 3 cups water and mix properly in mixture if needed.2. Combine the Chhachh and Besan in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain.3. Heat the edible oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.4. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and cook for a few seconds.5. Add turmeric powder and curry leaves in mixture.6. Now pour the Chhachh and Besan mixture and stirring continuously.7. Now add Chili powder and Salt as per taste need. Mix well and bring to a boil for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.8. Reduce the flame and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.9. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with Puran Poli.
Puran Poli and Kadhi Recipe video in Hindi:
All this information is free and only for informational purpose.