Homemade Pure Ghee is one of the most important ingredient of Indian Cuisine. It is also known as Clarified Butter. It is also known as Desi Ghee in Indian language.
Benefits of Pure Ghee: Pure Ghee is good appetizer, rich in fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, help in weight loss, help in maintain healthy skin etc.
Pure Ghee or Clarified Butter making recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe, Food Product Making Recipe,
Recipe Category: Home-made Food Products
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 liter cow/buffalo milk (take for daily use and extract milk cream daily)
3 cups milk cream (Collected from boiled milk of home use in two week)
2 cup normal water (in hot season)
2 cup warm water (in cold season)
- Firstly, boil the 1-liter cow milk and cool down
- Now take out the milk cream in a bowl and store in fridge
- Keep on collecting the cream of milk in a container, preferably a glass container.
- We should store the collected milk cream in fridge to avoid any spoliation
- The cream shown is collected over two weeks.
- Now take out milk cream fridge to churn it in grinder pot
- Now add little normal water in mixture and churn it again
- Now separate butter from the milky water or whey and collect in separate bowl
- Now take whole butter in deep bottom pan and heat till converting in pure ghee
- Now clear bubbles will start getting formed. Now lower the heat.
- Heat it little more till you see clear ghee on top
- Heat till the milk solids/fats will get slightly burnt and turn in reddish colour
- Now put off the gas and cool down the mixture of ghee and milk burnt solid part
- Pass the ghee through a strainer or filter
- We collect the pure ghee in a clean container
- Now Pure Ghee is ready to use for your home purpose
Pure Ghee Making Video in Hindi:
Credit: Anushri Cuisine