Raw Jackfruit Curry or Kathal Ki Sabji and its recipe with video!
Raw Jackfruit Curry or Kathal Ki Sabji is a very hot and spicy mouthwatering cuisine from north and south India. Generally, it is a prevalent cuisine in the all parts of India.
Jackfruit comes from mulberry family. It has thorny projections outside and soft flesh inside which is intensely sweet and delicious in taste. Raw Jackfruit Curry or Kathal Ki Sabji is rather simple to make. Raw Jackfruit cooked with a variety of masalas. Simple flavors, great taste!
This recipe makes use of raw jackfruit which absorbs all the flavors easily because of its subtle flavor. Dissimilar ripened jackfruit, this is a delightful harmony of flavor and textures.
Unripe raw jackfruits are used in savory dishes and is cooked in gravies and spicy curries. The texture of unripe jackfruit is like mutton and so is its taste when cooked in spices which makes it famous amongst vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
You enjoy with delicious and mouthwatering Raw Jackfruit Curry or Kathal Ki Sabji and its Recipe in Hindi with English subtitle.
Make in your own Kitchen instantly and feel happy and satisfy family’s mouthwatering desire of Raw Jackfruit Curry.
Jackfruit’s flesh is very high in fiber content. The taste and texture make it a great fruit for jams, candies, cakes and other sweet preparations.
It is a healthy fruit with almost no fats but high energy. The taste and preparations make it a delicious fruit that is not too hard to include in the diet.
It contains a high amount of nutrients like vitamin, minerals, electrolytes, phytonutrients, carbohydrate, fiber, fat, and protein.
Jackfruit is a good source of calorie but contains no cholesterol or saturated fats.
Calories : 1411
Carbohydrates : 146.2
rotein : 16.2
Fat : 83.6
Other : 30.8
Note: Cut raw jackfruit with well-oiled hands as it secretes a latex which does not wash off easily.
Raw Jackfruit Curry or Kathal Ki Sabji Recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Category: South and Southeast Asian cuisine, North Indian Cuisine, Main Course
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Serves: For approx. 6 Persons
1/2 kg raw jackfruit diced
2 big chopped onion
3 chopped tomato
2 to 3 Indian bay leaf (Tej Pata)
25 gms ginger
6 to 8 garlic pcs
2 to 3 cinnamon (dalchini pcs)
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp cumin seed (Jeera)
2 tbsp turmeric powder
4 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp garam masala
2 big tbsp edible oil
Salt as per need
2 tbsp coriander leaves (For decoration)
- Firstly, take onion, garlic, ginger, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, red chilli powder and little water in a mixer and grind to make paste.
- Now take 2 tbsp edible oil in a kadai (deep frying pan) and leave for warming
- Now fry diced jackfruit pcs till become brownish
- Now put aside all fried diced jackfruit pcs
- Now fry garlic-ginger-onion paste in oil till become brownish
- In the meantime, grind tomato pcs in a mixer till become paste
- Now add bay leaf (Tej Patta) in frying paste
- Now add cinnamon (Dalchini) in frying paste
- Now add tomato paste and stir well till become brownish
- Now add fried jackfruit dices in brownish paste and stir well
- Now add salt as per need and stir well
- Now put aside dry Raw Jackfruit or Kathal Ki Sabji as per your choice
- Now add 1 cup of water to make raw jackfruit or kathal ki sabji with gravy and stir well
- Now leave it for cooking properly on medium heat
- Now add 1 tsp Garam Masala in mixture and cook for a few minute
- Now raw jackfruit curry or kathal ki sabji is ready for decoration
- Now decorate both type of kathal ki sabji in two separate bowl
- Now decorate both with chopped coriander leaves
- Now Kathal Ki Sabji or raw jackfruit curry is ready to serve hot to your loved one.
Raw Jackfruit Curry or Kathal Ki Sabji Recipe video in Hindi:
Credit: Anushri Cuisine