Sabudana Khichdi (Sago Khichdi) and Its Recipe!
About Sabudana Khichdi (Sago Khichdi), Its Recipe And Fasting Special Dish!
Sabudana Khichdi is generally made during fasting days like navratri or mahashivratri or ekadashi. Sabudana Khichdi is an easy dish and is a delicious recipe to be made during fasting days but it requires little skill to get the unspoiled texture in the Sabudana (Sago) pearls.
To make sabudana khichdi perfect, you need to keep few points in your mind. First soak sabudana well. Please read ingredients notes. Second drain soaked sabudana well. If drained correctly then it won’t be sultry.
After taking all the care, sabudana pearls will stick very little to each other. This is seamlessly fine. But always cook sabudana till they become translucent. If you cook Sabudana Khichdi is generally made during fasting days like navratri or mahashivratri or ekadashi. Sabudana Khichdi is an easy dish and is a delicious recipe to be made during fasting days but it requires little skill to get the unspoiled texture in the Sabudana (Sago) pearls.
Your Maha Shivaratri enjoys with delicious and tasty Sabudana Khichdi and its Recipe. Make in your own Kitchen and feel happy and satisfy family’s mouthwatering desire with delicious Sabudana Khichdi.
We are giving instant recipe to making Sabudana Khichdi (Sago Khichdi) at home without any hassle.
Sabudana Khichdi (Sago Khichdi) Recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Category: Festival and Fasting (Vrat) Dish
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4 persons
For Making Sabudana Khichdi (Sago Khichdi):
Sabudana (Sago): 2 Cup
Chopped Potatoes: 2 Small size
Peanuts, shelled, roasted, coarsely pounded: 1/2 Cup
Chopped Green Fresh Chillies: 2
Sugar: 1 tablespoon
Cumin Seeds: 1 tablespoon
Rock Salt (Sendha Namak): 1 tablespoon
Black Pepper: 1/2 tablespoon
Edible oil: 1 big tablespoon
Lemon Fresh: 1 chopped piece
Green Fresh Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon
1. In first step, wash sabudana under running cold water till water runs clear. Soak the sabudana in enough water for 2-3 hours or overnight according to your sabudana variety. Always use shallow bowl to soak sabudana. Never use deep bowl. Add enough water up to just 1 ½ inches above the sabudana. After it get soaked, sabudana will swells up almost all the water and they will becomes almost triple in size.
2. In the next step, roast 1/2 cup peanuts/moongphali in a microwave or in a pan till they become crunchy. Keep aside to cool. Remove the peanut skins and coarsely powder the peanuts in a mortar-pestle or in grinder mixer and put aside for further use.
3. In the next step, heat 2 tbsp oil and add 1 tsp cumin. When they are browned then add 1 chopped green chili. Fry for half a minute on medium flame.
4. In next step, add the chopped potatoes (2 small to medium size potatoes) and fry for a minute or two. We cover the frying material with a plate for a minute.
5. Add the soaked sabudana and fry till the pearls become translucent on a slow flame stirring constantly.
6. After a few minutes, add coarsely powdered peanuts in the mixture and stir for a few minutes.
7. In next step add rock salt, sugar and black pepper powder in the frying mixture and stir for a few minute more for proper mixing.
8. Garnish the sabudana khichdi with some chopped coriander leaves, drizzle with ½ to 1 tablespoon lemon juice and serve the sabudana khichdi hot to your dear ones or fasting folks.
Sabudana Khichdi (Sago Khichdi) Recipe Video in Hindi:
All this information is free and only for informational purpose.