Sabudana Vada Or Fried Dumplings Of Sago (Breakfast or Fariyali Dish For Navratri Special Fasting Food)!
Sabudana Vada is one of those traditional Maharashtra recipes that are made during religious fasting or vrat or upvas. This is made especially as fasting food in the Navratri.
In the Indian tradition the shravan month and the navaratra or navaratri period are times when many pious Hindus fast. The food that is taken during the fast does not contain onions, garlic, wheat products, lentils or pulses. The Sabudana Vada is the better option in the all types of fasting foods.
Sago or Sabudana is a general ingredient that is used in some recipes made during the fasting period and various recipes like Sabudana Khichdi, Sabudana thalipeeth, Sabudana Kheer, Sabudana bhel, Sabudana pakoras and Sabudana ladoos can be made for fast.
The Sabudana Vada is a fasting and breakfast food. It’s crispy and delicious and can be made as a morning or evening snack. Sabudana Vada is served with sweet curd/yogurt in Maharastra and this combination tastes great.
Basically, this Sabudana Vada recipe comes from Maharashtra. It is one of the most famous snacks in Maharashtra.
Sabudana Vada Recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe Category: Snack, Breakfast, Navratri Vrat SpecialPrep Time: 1 hoursCook time: 25 minutes Serves: 10 to 12 Vadas (for approx. 6 Persons)
Sago (Sabudana): 1 Small Bowl Potato (boiled and mashed): 3 small Peanut (Roasted and coarsely ground): 1/2 Small BowlGreen chilli (finely chopped): 3 Fresh coriander leaves (chopped): 2 tablespoonsCumin seeds (Jeera): 1 tablespoonsBlack Pepper Powder (Kaali Mirch Powder): 1 small tablespoonsRock Salt (Sendha Namak for Vrat): As needed for tasteEdible Oil: For deep frying
Green chilli (whole fired in oil): 10 to 12 pieceCurd (salted): 1 Small Bowl
1. Soak sago for 1 hrs. Generally, sago is black pepper sized. Depending on the size, the soaking time may differ.
2. Cook potatoes just right as well in cooker. After 2 to 3 whistles, boiled potatoes will ready for peeling and mixing. Put aside for the cooling.
3. In the meantime, roast the peanuts in medium flame to ensure uniform roasting. Cool down. If it’s with skin, remove skin. Roasted peanuts put in mixer and make powder coarsely.
4. After 1 hour, Sagos had become very soft. Drain of all the water from the soaked sabudana and put aside for the mixing in a big bowl.
5. Peel the potatoes and mash properly. Mix in the sagos which have put in the big bowl.
6. In next step, all ingredients as soaked sagos, mashed potatoes, powdered peanuts, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander, cumin seeds, black pepper powder and rock salt (sendha namak), mix together properly and uniformly.
7. Mix everything, no need to add any water. It will form dough together. Now take some portion of the mixture in your hands and shape them into flat round vadas or patties. Do this till all the mixture is utilized. Slide the patties in the heated oil and deep fry in medium flame.
8. Cook Vada at both sides golden brown. Cooked Vadas put on the paper towel for draining excess of oil.
9. 10 to 12 chilies should fry in heated oil for decoration and eat if needed.
10. Serve hot sabudana vada with sweet curd/yoghurt or green chutney and fried green chilies. You could also serve sabudana vadas with tomato sauce.
Sabudana Vada Recipe Video in Hindi:
All this information is free and only for informational purpose.