Tofu is just like a Paneer (Cheese). The difference is just as Tofu is made from soymilk while Cheese or Paneer is made from Cow/Buffalo milk. Tofu, which is made from soybean curds, is naturally gluten-free and low calorie; it contains no cholesterol and is an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium.
To make tofu, soymilk is first coagulated which leads to the creation of curds. The resulting curds are then pressed and compacted into the gelatinous white blocks recognized as tofu.
Ingredients: 1 liter (4 Cups) soy milk, Juice of 2 lemons
Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. It is also an excellent source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1.
Benefits of Tofu:
It is an important source of protein, especially for vegans, vegetarians, and those looking to move toward a more plant-based diet.
Tofu is an excellent food from a nutritional and health perspective. It is thought to provide the same sort of protection against cancer and heart disease as soya beans.
Tofu making recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe, Food Product Making Recipe,
Recipe Category: Home-made Food Products
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 liter boiled warm Soya Milk
Juice of 2 pc lemon as coagulant
1 Mesh Bag or Cotton Cloth
1 Heavy Item
- Firstly, warm the Soya Milk
- Put aside the warm Soya Milk and stir well
- Now add lemon juice slowly to coagulate the soya milk
- Now stir and mix well milk with lemon juice
- Now leave the mixture to coagulate
- Now take a strainer and put a wet cotton cloth on it
- Now pour the coagulated mixture on cloth and strainer
- Now leave coagulated mixture for some time to drain liquid part
- Now press coagulated mixture by big spoon for removing extra liquid part
- Now fold cloth around the drained coagulated mixture and leave further draining
- Now allow the mixture to be pressed by the weight for 20-30 minutes
- Now remove the block of tofu from the cloth.
- Now put tofu on the plate and cut in pieces for further use
- Now tasty tofu is ready for further use
Tofu Making Video in Hindi:
Credit: Anushri Cuisine