Sweltering Summer has gone and now Rainy season has started with enjoyable rain and its pitter patter. Rainy season comes with many pros and cons. If we take care of ourselves with some precautionary healthy tips then we can enjoy whole rainy season with some memorable moments. Here, we are giving some precautionary healthy tips to avoid any disease and physical-mental stresses.
1. Maintain Healthy Diet: In this season, our body is most prone to water-born infections. For avoiding this, we have to ensure that water should be boiled or filtered before intake. Street food freshly cut fruits and other kinds of food items sold on the street should strictly be avoided. We should avoid outside street items like chaat, juices, golas, kulfis and other street foods. We also try to avoid raw vegetables and salad from outside. Please ensure healthy diet with homemade stuffs to avoid these unwanted issues.
2. Enhance Vitamin C intake: Rainy season is the perfect time for viruses and bacteria to flourish. In this season, viral fevers, allergic reactions, and other viral infections are most common. Similarly, the air has more bacteria during this time than at any other season. To enjoy healthy life, you need to enhance your immunity. One of the coolest ways of doing that is increasing your Vitamin C intake. Please increase intake of Vitamin C rich foods as sprouts, fresh green vegetables, and oranges.
2. Drink Sufficient Water: Please don’t compromise with your water intake. You should drink water as per your activity level. Don’t compromise liquid intake with carbonated, caffeinated, and alcoholic drinks and beverages as the preservatives and sugars in them act as diuretics. Antibacterial herbal tea is a better option beside water for maintaining liquid level in body.
3. Avoid the direct walking in the rain: As we know, walking in rain water makes you prone to a host of viral diseases such as leptospirosis and can also cause many fungal infections at the feet and nails. So, if your feet get wet, dry them instantaneously and do not stay in wet socks or shoes. If your clothes get damp, do not sit in an AC environment or change them instantaneously. Please ensure an extra pair of clothes and footwear in the office.
4. Avoid dampness and wetness in indoor areas: Moist walls are home to fungus growth and especially avoid if you suffer from asthma or any other breathing problems.
5. Use mosquito repellent regularly: One of the nastiest issues of monsoon is the breeding of mosquitos. These nasty little insects are perfectly capable of making your life miserable. Water logging is a breeding ground for insects and malaria is most common in this season. Ensure that there is no open water storage in your home. Ensure that they are always in covered pots. Similarly, take note to ensure that the drains are not clogged, and there’s no rainwater held stagnant in your nearby areas. Mosquitos are born in stagnant water, so removing sources of stagnant water will help a lot. Please ensure a use of mosquito repellent in house regularly.
6. Bathing is necessary after wet in rain: A shower is necessary after drenching in rain to prevent unwanted infections and diseases. Most people love taking a walk in the rain. It is revitalizing and one of the wonders of human life. But, remember to bathe with a disinfectant like Dettol, Savlon, or Betadine, every time you get wet. It will save you from the millions of microorganisms you carried home and help you stay healthy and fit. Washing your hands and feet, legs are advisable as you get back. Remember, use only clean water to wash your face.
7. Avoid direct eye touching: As we know, eye infections like conjunctivitis, stye (swelling), dry eyes and corneal ulcers are most prevalent during the monsoons. Abstain from touching eyes specifically with dirty hands. If you are feeling unwell after drenching in rain, then consult a doctor instantaneously.
8. Get Your Clothes Ironed: As we know, the monsoon is perfect for molds growth. Closets, wardrobes, and almirahs are usually used to store clothing, bed sheets, and linen. These spaces stay cool and start to get damp as the rains progress. With wet moisture come molds. Since, there’s rarely any sunlight to warm your clothes, getting them ironed before using.
Stay Healthy – Enjoy the rainy season fullest!