We are providing Soy Milk – a health drink making recipe video with needed ingredients and step by step method to make. It is instant making home food product from the big basket of Anushri Cuisine.
Soy milk is a plant based drink produced by soaking dried soybeans and grinding them in water.
A traditional staple of East Asian cuisine, soy milk is a stable emulsion of oil, water and protein. Soy milk can be produced at home with simple methods as shows in above video.
Soy milk is made from whole soybeans or full-fat soy flour. The dry beans are soaked in water overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours or more depending on the temperature of the water. The rehydrated beans then undergo wet grinding with enough added water to give the desired solids content.
Ingredients: 1 cup dry organic soy beans, 6 cup Water, 1tsps Salt and Sugar for taste (If needed)
In a 100 ml soy milk provides 80 calories from 4 g of carbohydrates, including 1 g of sugar, 4 g of fat and 7 g of protein. This processed soy milk contains appreciable levels of vitamin A, B vitamins and vitamin D in a range of 10 to 45% of the Daily Value, with calcium and magnesium also in significant content.
Benefits of Soy Milk:
Soy milk is one of the most common and nutritious dairy alternatives. Soy milk contains a number of compounds that are particularly important to men’s health. Its high content of isoflavones, protein, vitamins and minerals and minimal amount of saturated fats may help soy milk prevent and treat some of the leading health conditions for men. 1 cup of soy milk per day is a great way to gain some of its health benefits.
Uses of Soy Milk:
Soy milk is found in numerous veggie and vegetarian food products and can be used as a replacement for cow’s milk in numerous recipes.
Soy milk is also used to manufacture soy yogurt, Tofu and soy ice cream.
Soy Milk making recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe, Food Product Making Recipe,
Recipe Category: Home-made Food Products
Prep Time: 8 to 10 hours
Making time: 30 minutes
1 cup dry organic soy beans
6 cups water
1tsp salt as per taste (If needed)
1 tsp sugar as per taste (If needed)
- Firstly, take 1 cup dry soy beans
- Now put dry organic soy beans in a big bowl and filled with 2 to 3 cups water
- Dry organic soy beans will soak in water for 8 to 10 hours
- After 10 hours, peel the soy beans and remove all skins properly
- Now take peeled soy beans in mixer grinder and add 4 cups water
- Now all mixture blend till getting smooth liquid
- Now collect all smooth white liquid in a big bowl
- Now add same quantity water as white liquid has
- Now heat the liquid mixture in a heavy bottom pan or bowl at 820 Celsius
- Now hold this temperature for 20 minutes and stirring frequently to prevent sticking
- Time to time remove foam or froth occasionally
- Now strain the hot soy milk mixture using muslin or a nut milk bag
- Now you can add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar for changing taste little, if needed
- Now cool down the soy milk
- Now refrigerate the soy milk for 4 days to further use
- Now soy milk is ready to drink as a health drink
- Now you can use soy milk for making hot tea, coffee or soy paneer
Soy Milk Making Video in Hindi: