We are providing here recipe and video for Kesar Pista Kulfi – a dessert in which you will found step by step method to make yummy mouthwatering Kesar Pista Kulfi.
Kesar Pista Kulfi is really a delicious, sweet and mouthwatering instant making dessert or sweet to serve after lunch or dinner in various families of India and other countries.
Kesar Pista Kulfi is generally summer dessert from Indian Cuisine but now enjoy it in day to day life abundantly. Kesar Pista Kulfi was initially originated in Mughal era. It is similar to ice-cream but it is little denser, thick and not light in texture. It is made by boiled thick sweetened milk by sugar. It has added flavor items like cardamom and saffron strands. It has garnished by chopped pistachios.
We can use different molds to give shape to this mouthwatering dessert for attracting our family members specially kids.
Previously, making kulfi was a very tedious work as it took a lot of time to get thicken rabri by simmering milk for hours. Now in modern era, it has become easy way to thicken milk by adding corn flour or arrow root powder and fresh cream in instant way.
For one serving
Total Fat 4.4 g
Saturated Fat 0.6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 13.8 mg
Sodium 140.3 mg
Potassium 361.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 10.4 g
Vitamin A 2.1 %
Vitamin B-12 2.7 %
Vitamin B-6 6.2 %
Vitamin C 0.6 %
Vitamin D 4.8 %
Vitamin E 1.5 %
Calcium 15.0 %
Copper 4.4 %
Folate 1.3 %
Iron 1.6 %
Magnesium 3.0 %
Manganese 4.9 %
Niacin 0.6 %
Pantothenic Acid 1.7 %
Phosphorus 6.6 %
Riboflavin 4.6 %
Selenium 2.4 %
Thiamin 4.2 %
Health Benefits of Kesar Pista Kulfi:
- It is good for instant energy with feeling of freshness and fulfillment after dinner or lunch.
- Protein, Calcium and carbohydrates are the main source in Kulfi due to milk ingredients.
- Diabetics person should avoid it taking in excess because they contain a higher amount of saturated fat and sugar.
- Kulfi has less calories and sodium.
Kesar Pista Kulfi making recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert / Sweet Dish
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Making time: 30 minutes
Kesar Pista Kulfi Making Ingredients:
6 cups full fat cow /buffalo milk
1 tablespoon corn flour (If not available, you can use arrow root powder)
1/2 cup milk for mixing 1 tbsp corn flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup or 12 to 15 Pistachios
½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
12 saffron strands
1 tablespoon fresh cream (if not available then use mawa or khoya)
- Firstly, boil the milk for 10 min on medium flame and stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Now add 1 cup of sugar and stir well
- Now dissolve 1 tbsp corn flour in ½ cup milk and there should be no lumps.
- Now lower the flame and add corn-milk mixture in the boiling milk-sugar mixture
- Now make coarse powder of pistachios and saffron strands
- Now add the saffron-pistachios powder in mixture and mix well
- Now add cardamom powder and stir well
- Now add 1 tbsp fresh cream and stirring for another 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, it becomes thick and it should be consistency to pour in molds
- Now switch off the flame and cool the mixture completely
- Now pour the consistent mixture in ice-cream available molds
- Now cover the molds with an aluminum foil and insert an ice-cream stick
- Now freeze it for overnight
- After this, take freezed molds in put in little warm water and take out the kulfi with stick
- Now put the kulfi in a tray and sprinkled chopped pistachios and saffron strands
- Now Kesar Pista Kulfi is ready to serve
Kesar Pista Kulfi Video in Hindi:
Credit: Anushri Cuisine